“Devolutions Server has saved our company. Devolutions has always have been there for us with their various solutions, all of which have become mission critical to our business services.”
Simon-David Williams, President, ISM Group
Founded in 2008, ISM Group delivers a full range of comprehensive IT consulting and implementation solutions, including structured hardware services, IT infrastructure monitoring, and network security. The company has an extended network of value-added partners, and its roster techs manage thousands of servers/machines, with tens of thousands of distinct entry types. Collectively, the IT pros at ISM Group focus on helping businesses of all sizes – from small firms to large enterprises – transform their critical systems into strategic assets.
ISM Group’s Key Challenges
ISM Group needed to give its roster of techs secure and efficient access to clients’ internal and cloud infrastructures. However, it was facing the following key challenges:
- The company wanted to use MFA to secure access to more than 400 client environments, but did not want to deal with time consuming and tedious software management issues.
- The company had multiple sets of credentials for accessing many clients — sometimes those credentials were assigned to an individual, while other times they were shared (depending on the client).
- The company needed to support remote employees working from home due to the pandemic.
ISM Group’s Solution: Devolutions Server
ISM Group implemented Devolutions’ Remote Desktop Manager in 2011, and since that time has enjoyed significant benefits (which are highlighted here).
As a result of this strong relationship, to solve its key challenges in 2019, ISM Group implemented Devolutions Server. Key advantages that the company continues to enjoy include:
- Enhanced Security: The company manages MFA through Devolutions Server, which significantly enhances security when accessing client environments.
- Enhanced Client Service: Since Devolutions Server is simple to manage and easy to use, techs have more time to deliver an extremely high level of client support — which is very important to the company’s brand and reputation in the marketplace.
- Increased Efficiency: Techs can easily and rapidly store and access client information from a secure, centralized location.
- Improved Password Management: The company is creating secure and encrypted passwords for all clients (who each have multiple entries).
- Secure Access: The company can establish secure individual access to Devolutions Server (not shared across the company), while maintaining a cloud backup of critical data.
- Supporting Remote Workers: Techs can access client environments while working remotely, which was essential when the company had to temporarily close its corporate office for several months due to the pandemic.
As for next steps, ISM Group plans on implementing Devolutions Password Hub across clients, so that each unique client can enhance security hygiene, improve password administration, ensure compliance, and reduce risk.
ISM Group’s President Simon-David Williams:
“Devolutions Server has saved our company. It was easy to install, and with the help of the Devolutions Support Team, we migrated all of our invaluable client data, and received guidance on how to use all of the bells and whistles. Devolutions Server has become essential to manage and support our different clients. Devolutions has always been there for us with their various solutions, all of which have become mission critical to our business services.”