"They are one of the best software teams I’ve worked with. You don’t get the same quality of service with larger companies."
Tommy Boucher, IT Director
Coveo IT Team's advanced enterprise search technology adds the value of rich content and insights to CRM, customer service applications, intranets and websites. Coveo IT Team securely connects with legacy and cloud systems, and provides unified search, dynamic 360-degree views of information, and contextual, proactive recommendations of relevant content and experts using powerful analytics. The company has more than 200 employees, including 7 full-time IT pros who manage approximately 850 servers and virtual machines.
Coveo IT Team’s Challenges
Prior to using Remote Desktop Manager, Coveo IT Team faced key challenges and obstacles, including:
- Having to open numerous RDP windows when working on many projects and “getting lost”.
- Not having immediate, easy access to server information, and constantly being obligated to ask “what is the server name for this machine?”, as well as having to keep server information on numerous post-it notes.
- Storing passwords and service accounts in Excel files that were shared on the network, which had to be closed so that IT pros could add new service account passwords.
To make the challenge even more pressing, Coveo IT Team was constantly adding more and more servers and VMs, and because of its product offering, the company needed to index several repositories in a limited amount of time.
Coveo IT Team’s Solution: Remote Desktop Manager
Coveo IT Team attempted to solve its challenges with various options, including Microsoft Remote Desktop, which was found to be lacking in enhanced features. For password management, the company tried using KeePass, Excel and Google Spreadsheets – none of which were suitable. As Coveo’s IT Director Tommy Boucher reflects: “I can’t believe that we were able to get some work done after wasting so much time on these products!”
That’s when Tommy discovered** Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager, and started leveraging the shared database** – which persuaded half of his team to get on board. When the passwords were added, the whole team embraced the solution and have been using it ever since.
Here are some of the benefits that Coveo IT Team is enjoying thanks to RDM:
- No more “getting lost” in multiple windows. With RDM, IT pros simply drag and drop the Tabs in the order they wish, and save it accordingly.
- The ability to centralize all tools (e.g. SSH, RDM, VNC, TeamViewer, etc.) in a single, rich solution.
- The ability to set folders to automatically inherit permissions.
- Comprehensive password management functionality, with the ability to create credentials and sort them the same way as RDP Sessions.
- The ability to manage user access based on the roles/groups, and use auto-fill web pages to speed up the process.
- Customized dashboards that improve efficiency, and allow IT pros immediately get to work.
- The ability to load web pages into RDM, which avoids the need to open web browsers.
- The ability to create Exchange, Lync, SharePoint administration pages into RDM, and share them with the team.
**Commented Tommy Boucher, Coveo IT Team’s IT Director: **
"Since we started using Remote Desktop Manager, our team is much happier and more effective. The product is constantly evolving, and has helped us save time and money. Devolutions’ support is awesome, and they are incredibly responsive. They take all feature requests into consideration. They are one of the best software teams I’ve worked with. You don’t get the same quality of service with larger companies."