There are many reasons to love autumn. The gorgeous and colorful foliage (in our humble opinion there isn't a more majestic place to experience this than Quebec — check out this site and then call your travel agent!). There are also the awe-inspiring sunsets, delicious pumpkin spice latte, relief from the hot and humid summer, and the best reason of all if you happen to be a parent: it’s back to school time!
That brings us to September’s poll question. As we all know, continual learning is vital in the IT world. And so, we’d like to know: what courses or certifications do you plan on obtaining in the next year?
Or, if you currently don’t have a plan in place, then share the courses or certifications that you would like to achieve in the next year.
There is no shortage of learning options available out there. Here are some popular IT-related courses and certifications:
- Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer
- Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Nutanix Certified Professional - Multicloud Infrastructure (NCP-MCI)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- VCP-DCV: VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization
And let’s not forget the “soft skills” that are critical for IT pros who want to advance their careers: skills such as communications, inclusive leadership, negotiation, and more. For some free-to-audit courses on various soft skills offered by EdX, click here.
You Could Win
Simply by sharing your learning plan (or what you hope will be your learning plan), you’ll be automatically entered to win one of two $25 Amazon gift cards. As Paul Newman sagely advised in the 1980s flick The Color of Money: “Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.”
Thank you in advance for participating. We can’t wait to see your learning goals!