“Remote Desktop Manager stands above them all for its ease of use, regular development and integrated tools.”
Iain Green, Enterprise Platform Support Analyst
Client Snapshot: Iain Green
Iain Green is a highly experienced enterprise platform support analyst (EPST) who works for a leading enterprise that supports corporate and public sector clients with IT products, solutions and services. The company employs more than 200 people.
Iain Green’s Challenges
Iain is part of a team that manages approximately 700 servers, machines and devices. His previous remote desktop management tool, mRemote, was causing many challenges and ongoing frustrations, including:
- The configuration file was shared and would always be overwritten, incorrectly updated or deleted.
- The UX was clunky, the functionality was limited, and the lack of regular updates was a security risk.
- When onboarding new customers — each with typically hundreds of VMs — it was tedious and time consuming to manually create and save sessions.
Iain Green’s Solution: Remote Desktop Manager
To solve these challenges, Iain explored various remote desktop management tools. When he discovered Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) and gave it a try, he quickly concluded that it was the ideal solution. According to Iain, “Remote Desktop Manager stood head and shoulders above the rest”.
Since switching to Remote Desktop Manager, Iain continues to enjoy key benefits, including the ability to:
- Access multiple protocols and integrated tools (e.g. RDP, iLO, VNC, PuTTY, etc.) from a single pane of glass.
- Save massive amounts of time when accessing sessions, updating sessions, and onboarding new customers through RDM’s multiple import options.
- Use RDM’s tab functionality to open multiple sessions at a time and stay organized.
- Easily find required sessions through RDM’s dynamic search tool.
- Ensure robust security since RDM is actively in development and constantly upgraded with fixes, patches, etc.
Iain describes his experience with Remote Desktop Manager:
“I found that Remote Desktop Manager has made my work life far more organized and less cluttered. If you’re an IT pro with multiple devices to manage across a range of protocols, you need this product. The integrations are endless. I can count on one hand the number of products out there designed for our purpose. RDM stands above them all for its ease of use, regular development and integrated tools.”