“Remote Desktop Manager is an incredible tool that simplifies the tasks of an IT pro. We really increased our agility and productivity with RDM.”
Rafael Felipe, Principal Software Engineer at Dell
Client Snapshot: Dell
Dell is a part of the Dell Technologies family of brands. Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that provides the essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, transform IT and protect their most important asset: information. Through a global workforce of more than 140,000 employees, the company services customers of all sizes across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500– with the industry's most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from the edge to the core to the cloud.
Dell’s IT team based in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, is responsible for supporting a suite of virtualization and cloud computing services for business customers. It manages approximately 300 servers, machines and devices. However, the team was facing several key challenges, including:
- It was difficult to organize servers with multiple environments and different configurations.
- It was tedious and time-consuming to type the full name of each server in order to connect.
- The team lacked access to a set of remote productivity tools through a single portal, and it couldn’t efficiently run scripts remotely.
Dell’s Solution: Remote Desktop Manager
To solve these key challenges, Dell explored various tools, including RDCMan, Royal TS and Visionapp. While each offered some benefits, collectively, they lacked the powerful resources and simplified management that Dell required. That is when the company’s Principal Software Engineer, Rafael Felipe, learned about Remote Desktop Manager through recommendations from his fellow Microsoft MVPs and decided to give it a try. He was immediately impressed. After exploring various features and functions, he concluded that Remote Desktop Manager was the ideal solution. According to Rafael: “After testing RDM, I never went back to the other tools”.
Since integrating RDM into their environment, Dell’s IT team continues to enjoy advantages and results that include:
- Centralizing all remote connections in a single and easy-to-manage platform.
- Creating folders with pre-defined configurations to organize servers with multiple environments and various configurations (e.g. credentials, display, local resources, etc.), and customizing the setup as required.
- Using RDM’s quick connect feature (which Rafael calls “amazing”) to rapidly connect to any server without having to type in the full name.
- Accessing a full suite of enterprise-grade remote support tools and launching macros to run scripts remotely.
- Using RDM’s video recording and screenshot functionality for troubleshooting, which eliminates the need to use external tools.
- Enhancing security through RDM’s password generator and password management capacity.
Dell’s Principal Software Engineer, Rafael Felipe, on his team’s overall experience with RDM:
“RDM is an incredible tool that simplifies the tasks of an IT pro. We really increased our agility and productivity with RDM. We have all of the resources that we need to manage multiple environments with confidence and security using only one console. My recommendation to my fellow IT pros is that if you want to make your job easier, try Remote Desktop Manager. You will save a lot of time that you can use on your other projects. RDM is the real all-in-one remote access tool that you will want to use forever. Today, RDM is our main tool at work!”