Table of Contents
- Remote Desktop Manager
- Devolutions Server
- Password Hub Business
- Password Hub Personal
- Devolutions Web Login
- New: Devolutions Workspace
- Looking Ahead
Hello everyone and Happy New Year! Once again, it is my pleasure and privilege to share with you the Devolutions 2022 Roadmap.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this annual tradition: at the beginning of each year, I share some of the key milestones that we have planned for our suite of products.
Before we get started, I would like to take a moment to say a heartfelt thank you to three very important groups of people:
To our users: thank you for your loyalty and support. We exist to serve your needs and solve your problems. The last couple of years have been extremely difficult on the business landscape, but you have risen to the occasion and helped lead the way. Thank you for making us a part of your journey. Your trust means everything to us, and we will never let you down.
To my colleagues: I am tremendously fortunate to work with such an amazing group of smart and dedicated professionals — from those who have been here for many years, to those who have joined us more recently. Whenever we face a tough challenge or need to meet a tight deadline, we come together as a team and make it happen. Thank you for consistently demonstrating our core values, which are to always deliver a “Wow Factor” for our community of users, support positive life experiences for our employees and users, and be transparent in all of our actions across the organization.
To our global network of strategic partners and vendors: thank you for your ongoing contributions and support, as you help us deliver our message and solutions to more people in more places. We continue to grow each year, and you are an important reason why. We look forward to enhancing our partnerships and relationships in the year ahead!
And now, please join me as we travel across the Devolutions 2022 Roadmap:
Remote Desktop Manager
What started many years ago as a fairly simple tool to organize remote connection information, has evolved into a powerful solution that is trusted by more than 800,000 IT pros worldwide. Remote Desktop Manager securely centralizes all remote connections on a single platform, supports hundreds of integrated technologies, and features built-in password management tools. It enables IT pros and teams to improve security, speed, and productivity throughout their organizations while reducing inefficiency, cost, and risk.
Here are some additional developments we have planned for Remote Desktop Manager in 2022:
Remote Desktop Manager 2022.1 (estimated release: first quarter 2022)
- Default vault VPN and inherited VPN values
- Default vault permissions in a new vault
- Per vault variables
- Per user variables saved in My User Vault
- Attachment and documentation support in the vault root entry
- New permissions:
- Move an entry
- Password Analyzer
- Restrict the use of User Vault to specific users
- 3 new credential entry types:
- Hudu credential entry
- Psono credential entry
- DVLS PAM credential entry
- DVLS PAM dashboard
- Add support for “modern” Remote Desktop Client (msrdc.exe)
- Windows 11 look and feel
- Export/import documents and attachments
- Local SSH Key manager
Remote Desktop Manager 2022.2 (estimated release: third quarter 2022)
- Administration dashboard
- User-specific settings logs
- Expiration date improvements
- Per vault/user vault security provider
- ARD improvements (file transfer)
- IT Portal integration
- New password analyzer report (similar to Password Hub Business; please read this article for more information)
- Service Now ticket integration
- JIRA ticket integration
- 2FA open confirmation
- PowerShell documentation Cmdlet
- Multiple Linux distributions
Remote Desktop Manager 2022.3 (estimated release: fourth quarter 2022)
- Terminal UI cross-platform with Skia (learn more about Skia right here)
- Documentation improvements with different types of templates:
- Plain text
- Role-based like Password Hub (Operator, Manager, etc.)
- .NET 6
- Per monitor HDPI v2 support
The pandemic has put securely managing passwords and protecting privileged accounts into the spotlight, as bad actors have increased their efforts to steal data and commit identity theft. And it is not just hackers to worry about. End users can be part of the problem as well — some due to error, lack of awareness, or negligence, and others who have “gone rogue” and have an illicit agenda.
Devolutions Server is our comprehensive, highly secure password vault management solution with built-in PAM functionality. It enables organizations to control access to privileged accounts, improve overall network visibility for sysadmins, and ensure a seamless and positive experience for end-users. I would also like to add that since day one we have made Devolutions Server affordable for SMBs, who have traditionally been priced out of the password management/PAM solution marketplace. After all, SMBs need the same protection, control, and governance as larger enterprises – especially now.
Here are some additional developments we have planned for Devolutions Server in 2022:
Devolutions Server 2022.1 (estimated release: first quarter 2022)
- Angular 12 support
- .NET Framework 4.8 support
- Add support for OAuth. (Note: we already support access via Azure AD, but we are going to add more authentication services in upcoming releases)
- Add support for SSH connections
- New Gateway licenses (no license is required right now but will be mandatory with the version 2022.2)
- Option to force IP address usage instead of the DNS name
- Add support for alternate hosts in Remote Desktop Manager
- Recovery kit including all the necessary tools and information if any problems and to simplify a load-balancing server deployment
- Load of a response file
- Side-by-side Gateway installation to simplify the installation
- PAM Dashboard in RDM to manage all PAM accounts, checkouts, check-ins, and approvals
- New PAM providers: Local Windows, Azure AD
Devolutions Server 2022.2 (estimated release: third quarter 2022)
- OAuth – Okta
- Better supported security policies
- Ticketing integration
- Emergency access/Emergency login
- Scheduler & Gateway standalone servers
- PAM usage policies (various scenario choices)
- Gateway permissions
- Explode admin role to be more granular, every vault
- DVLS Dashboard in RDM:
- Secure Messages
- Shared with me
- Embedded Certificate Authority:
- Authenticode Signature
Password Hub Business
The pandemic has unleashed a whole new era of remote working. This has convinced — and in many cases compelled — organizations to shift apps and processes to the cloud, including password management.
Password Hub Business is our secure, flexible, and easy-to-use cloud-based password management solution for team environments. It enables organizations to vault, manage, govern, and share business-user passwords and other sensitive data.
In addition, Password Hub Business’s interface has been designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, which increases adoption for non-technical business users. Instead of feeling intimidated, they feel empowered — and that is critical! It is also worth noting that, just like our other solutions, Password Hub Business is affordable for SMBs. There is no reason why SMBs must choose between strong security and sustainable affordability. SMBs deserve both!
Here are some additional developments we have planned for Password Hub Business in 2022:
Password Hub Business 2022.1 (estimated release: first quarter 2022; please note that some of the new features below are already available)
- Add, manage and assign licenses directly in Password Hub Business' web interface
- Set system-wide permissions on all vaults
- Possible to change the Hub ownership to another administrator in the User management section
- View/delete entry templates in the web interface
- Improved performance of Hub Business data source in RDM
- Single sign-on (SSO) authentication with Azure AD (article coming soon)
Password Hub Business 2022.2 (estimated release: third quarter 2022)
- Create/edit entry templates in the web interface
- Check out, lock, and see if a connection is being used
- Add support for viewing secure messages in RDM
- Allow users to request temporary access to a connection
- QR code download to store your private key (for new SSO accounts)
Devolutions Password Hub Mobile 2022.1
- New permissions on entries
- New shortcut entries
- Autofill available in offline mode
Please note that in 2022, Devolutions Password Hub Mobile will be retired and integrated into our new product called Devolutions Workspace (more on this below).
Password Hub Personal
Password Hub Personal is our secure, easy-to-use, and 100% free password manager for individual users to store personal passwords and other data, such as personal credit card numbers, home security alarm codes, etc.
There are two main benefits of using Password Hub Personal: the first (and obvious) benefit is that it dramatically improves security hygiene. Instead of storing private and sensitive data in spreadsheets or documents, individuals can securely lock them away into vaults that ONLY they can access. The second benefit is that people who practice good security hygiene at home will apply these habits and mindset at work — which is good for themselves and their organization.
Here are some developments we have planned for Password Hub Personal in 2022:
- Maintain interoperability according to other roadmaps
- Offline mode (write) (RDM)
- Improve RDM import with batch save
- Add a “Have I Been Pwned” report
- Add search options in the web client
Devolutions Web Login
Devolutions Web Login is our popular free browser plugin, which is used with Remote Desktop Manager, Devolutions Server, and/or Devolutions Password Hub. It securely retrieves login credentials that are stored in vaults and injects them into specific websites. This not only saves time and eliminates input errors, but it promotes good password management as end users can choose strong and unique passwords vs. those that are easy to remember and, quite often, easy to hack. It also reduces (or ideally eliminates!) the volume of reset requests that SysAdmins receive from end users who have forgotten their passwords.
Here are some developments we have planned for Devolutions Web Login in 2022:
- Maintain interoperability according to other product roadmaps
- Add support for multiple proxies from entries in DWL (Automatically switch to use the right proxy for the right website or by using a PAC script)
- Add register form fill
- Add credit card fill
- DWL Safari
- Folder list on save (Remote Desktop Manager)
- Add support for “prompt on connection” when filling (Devolutions Server, Password Hub Business & Password Hub Business Personal)
- Show all entry types when navigating vaults using Devolutions Server
- Detect change password (Password Hub Personal)
- Enhanced keyboard navigation
[NEW] Devolutions Workspace
I am delighted to share that we have a NEW solution in the pipeline for 2022: Devolutions Workspace.
Devolutions Workspace will bring together all of our mobile apps into a single centralized location. This will make access and management simpler and more efficient for our users (similar to Office 365 and Google Workspace).
In the first quarter of 2022, we plan on adding Devolutions Authenticator, Password Hub Business, and Password Hub Personal to Devolutions Workspace. This solution will replace Password Hub Business and Personal mobile apps (users will still be able to access Password Hub Business and Personal individual mobile apps, but ongoing updates will only be applied to Devolutions Workspace). Please stay tuned for a blog post about this exciting new product.
Please keep in mind that our Roadmap highlights key milestones that we have planned. We will be doing MUCH more than this. Typically, our major product releases offer over 100 additions and improvements.
It is going to be a very busy year here at Devolutions, which is exactly how we like it! As all of you know, the need to secure and control the IT chaos never sleeps — especially now as we (hopefully) emerge from the pandemic and figure out what the “new normal” is going to look like.
To wrap things up, once again I would like to thank our incredible users, my wonderful colleagues, and our fantastic strategic partners. At Devolutions 2022 will be a very eventful year, and we are honored and energized to share the journey with you. The past has been great, but the best is yet to come!