Strong password management is essential. Research has found that 81% of data breaches are caused by compromised, weak, or re-used passwords, while 29% of all data breaches (regardless of attack type) involve the use of stolen credentials.
To reduce the risk of a data breach, many organizations are wisely looking to adopt a centralized password management solution. If you are unsure whether to choose Devolutions’ cloud-based password management solution Password Hub Business, or Devolutions’ on-premise password management solution Devolutions Server, here we detail its overlapping features and where they differ.
Both Devolutions Server and Password Hub Business provide organizations with secure, robust, and easy-to-use password management tools and features, including:
- Role-based access control
- Centralized password vault
- Strong password generator
- Support for 2FA
- Secure password sharing
- Extensive activity logs and reports
However, there are some important differences as well. In our latest Case Study, we provide three questions to help organizations determine whether it is better to choose Devolutions Server or Password Hub Business, so they can:
- Increase Security: Enforce password management policies and overall security hygiene across the organization.
- Improve Administration: Prevent users from forgetting passwords and requesting resets — which slows them down and is a burden on IT.
- Strengthen Control: Give SysAdmins full control over password management without affecting end user productivity or experience.
Click here to instantly download the Use Case.
Click here for a full list of Use Cases that are also available for download.