In many ways, the pandemic has significantly — and in some cases profoundly — shifted our day-to-day lives. Amidst this whirlwind, it’s comforting to know that there are some things that will never change. Here is our list of 10 eternal truths:
1. If you switch checkout lines in a store, the one that you just left will magically start to move faster. There is no logic to this.
2. Nothing in this world will take away the disappointment of Game of Thrones’ final season. It is a wound that never heals.
3. If you work in the IT field, you will be promised more budget next year, but it will not come — just like last year, and the year before, and the year before that…all the way back to the beginning of time. It is a sacred tradition.
4. It does not matter how many times you read the fine print on your wireless/cellular phone contract. You will be charged extra, and if you dare to question this Universal Law you will be placed on hold for an indeterminate amount of time and informed, quite deceitfully, that “your call is very important.”
5. The more you search for your TV remote control, the harder it will be to find it. The same goes for your car keys. The solution? Stay very still and use your Jedi mind powers to summon them (you DO have Jedi mind powers, right?!).
6. You may be a quiet, reserved individual who minds their own business — but if given the chance to go full Gandalf and scream, “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!” you will immediately seize the opportunity and accept the consequences — even if it means being turned into a meme.
7. You will continue to sign up for free trials that automatically start billing you after 30 days. And you will continue to forget to cancel your trial, which is exactly what the company hopes. It is the way of things.
8. Keanu Reeves was the chosen one, is the chosen one, and will forever be the chosen one. Anyone who disagrees is feasting on Blue Pills and refusing to face true reality.
9. While many battles throughout history have come and gone, some will remain and can never be reconciled. These include: Mac vs. PC, iOS vs. Android, and Star Trek vs. Star Wars.
…and now for the final thing that will never change:
10. Devolutions will never stop being grateful and appreciative for having the BEST COMMUNITY IN THE WORLD!!!
What do you think of our list of eternal truths? Have you experienced any of them in your life? Please also share the things in life that you believe will never change.