We are thrilled to announce that the Devolutions’ State of IT Security in SMBs in 2022-23 Survey report is now available! Click here to download it now [PDF].
About the Survey
This is the third consecutive year that we have invited executives and decision-makers in SMBs around the world to share their concerns, challenges, technologies, tools, and plans related to:
- Privileged Access Management
- IT Security Awareness
- Remote Access Management
- IT Security Management
This year, a record number of professionals participated in the survey. The results were interesting, insightful, and in some cases quite unexpected!
About the Report
Here are some of the many notable findings that the report dives into:
- 67% of SMBs are more concerned about cybersecurity threats now compared to last year.
- 60% of SMBs experienced at least one cyberattack in the last year, and 18% of them experienced six or more.
- 88% of SMBs do not have a fully deployed PAM solution in place.
- 36% of SMBs have added staff to take care of IT security since the pandemic began.
- A virtual private network (VPN) is the most popular tool that SMBs are using to manage remote access.
- Remote work is triggering IT security challenges for SMBs in four key areas: security, efficiency, governance, and affordability.
- 32% of SMBs are allocating less than 5% of their IT budget towards IT security, which is below the recommended minimum amount.
Again, this is just a small snapshot of the many trends and themes that are covered in the report.
The report also includes 10 targeted recommendations for SMBs to reduce cybersecurity threats, enhance privileged access management, increase IT security awareness, strengthen remote access management, and improve IT security management.
Note that all recommendations are specifically crafted for SMBs. Why is this so important? Because most IT security advice is created for large enterprises and organizations, which have ample budgets and a roster of highly experienced in-house InfoSec specialists. For the vast majority of SMBs, this is not the case. They need a strong and updated IT security profile, but in a way that is feasible, practical, and (especially) affordable. We understand this reality, and the advice we share is suitable and applicable for SMBs.
Winner of the Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell
We are also delighted to announce the randomly-selected survey participant who has won the grand prize of an Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell (value of USD $200). Congratulations Stephanie Lucas! We hope that you enjoy your prize, and we thank everyone who participated and made this our most robust and comprehensive survey ever.
Download the Report
Click the banner below to get the report. No sign-up is required. The download is immediate and the report will be delivered in PDF format.