As we all know, for the last couple of years most IT conferences moved online. And while there are many advantages of that format — as we experienced during Devolutions Central Online 2020 and Devolutions Central Online 2021! — there are some benefits that are only available when you attend in person, such as
- There are more opportunities to network and build relationships.
- You won’t get pulled into day-to-day tasks and meetings (and there is very little chance anyone will say that you “have a case of the Mondays”).
- There are many educational sessions/tracks, including opportunities to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) required to maintain various certifications.
- SWAG SWAG SWAG! Who doesn’t like coming back home from a conference with a haul of flash drives, water bottles, hoodies, and hats?
And that brings us to the March poll question: what in-person IT conferences are you planning to attend this year?
Or, if you aren’t sure of the conferences that you’ll attend (or if you haven’t yet cleared it with your boss!), then please share the conferences that you hope to attend.
Here are just some of the many possible in-person IT conferences that might be on your calendar or wish list this year:
- March 14-17: Gartner Data & Analytics Summit in Orlando, Florida
- March 21-24: Enterprise Connect in Orlando, Florida
- March 29-31: Microsoft MVP Global Summit, location TBD
- April 14: IDC Swiss IT Conference in Zurich
- April 23-27: NAB Show in Las Vegas
- April 27-28: SaaS Connect in San Francisco
- May 2-4: Gartner Application Innovation & Business Solutions Summit in Orlando, Florida
- May 2-5: Dell Technologies World in Las Vegas
- May 9-11: Gartner Data & Analytics Summit in London
- May 17-18: Gartner CSO & Sales Leader Conference in San Diego, California
- June 9: Devolutions’ ITSec: Quebec's IT Security Summit, Saint-Hyacinthe (Montreal), Quebec, Canada (more on this below!)
- June 14-16: Digital Enterprise Show in Malaga, Spain
- June 20-23: Collision in Toronto
- June 21-22: Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit in Sydney, Australia
- Aug. 6-11: Black Hat USA in Las Vegas
- Aug. 15-17: CIO 100 Symposium in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- Sept. 14-15: Big Data Expo in Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Sept. 19-20: Industry of Things World in Berlin
- Sept. 28-29: IoT World in Santa Clara, CA
- Nov. 1-3: ODSC West in San Francisco
- Nov. 7-8 : Gartner Data & Analytics Summit in Sydney, Australia
- Nov 9-10: RE•WORK Toronto AI Summit in Toronto
- Dec. 5-8: Black Hat Europe, location TBD
Join Us at ITSec-Quebec's IT Security Summit
ITSec will bring together experts in the industry to discuss topics that are part of our daily lives such as data and access protection, and the challenges of finding solutions that combine productivity and security. Devolutions is proudly producing this summit, which we hope to make an annual event! Important mention: the event is only in French.
When: June 9, 2022
Where: The Saint-Hyacinthe Convention Center (about 45 minutes from Montreal).
For more information: please click here.
You Could Win
Simply by participating in this month’s poll, you’ll be automatically entered to win one of two $25 Amazon gift cards. We’ll share the results and announce the winners in early April.