By now, some of you have made your New Year’s Resolutions (which may include not making New Year’s Resolutions in the first place, because they never seem to work out!).
However, while we may not always meet our personal goals — like getting more sleep, improving our health, spending more time with our family and friends, reading more books, and so on — we can still strive to achieve our professionals goals.
And that is what inspired January’s poll question, which asked you to share the biggest work-related project you want to achieve in 2020.
As we had hoped, there were a variety of interesting responses. Here is a snapshot of some of the goals you amazing people want to accomplish this year:
- Deploy a P2MP mesh network across the campus to provide data to remote areas
- Obtain a data health hosting certification
- Get more professional certifications
- Complete new courses to excel in other tools
- Go to the VMUG Leader Summit in February and attend VMworld in August
- Implement Devolutions RDM and DPS company-wide
- Put aside time to watch training videos
- Get new clients
- Keep on track with all of the new things that are coming this year
- Create a new online course
- Finally deliver the project you’ve been working on
- Join a team to bring our product from on-premise to SaaS
- Migrate to a new PMS and CMR
- Implement an enterprise Citrix-specific monitoring solution
This is a very ambitious list! And since we know you’re all wildly smart and creative, that you have a strong work ethic, and that you’re not afraid of taking on big challenges, it’s just a matter of time before you achieve your goal. Maybe it won’t happen as quickly as you’d like — things can come up and time flies when you’re busy — but sooner or later, you’ll get it done. We believe in you!
The Winners Are…
First off, you’re ALL winners for having such aspirational work objectives. Studies have shown that people who clearly identify their goals and write them down have a much greater chance of achieving them. See? You’re already on your way to the finish line.
Now, let’s announce the two randomly selected lucky winners, who will each receive a $25 Amazon gift card. Congratulations to Nicolas BILLAUD and Igor Svetek! Please email me to claim your prize.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this month’s poll. Please stay tuned for the February poll, which is coming soon. Stay tuned!