The Beatles told us that all we need is love. And you know what? They were right! Because no matter how stressful and crazy things get in the trenches, we all know that a little love from our colleagues or customers can do wonders.
Last month, we asked you to share what you love most about your job. As we had hoped, the responses were inspiring and created a lot of smiles around here.
Here is a snapshot of the key things that give you that loving feeling:
- Working Remotely: You love being able to work from home, or from anywhere else that you like.
- Great Company: You love working for a great company that respects work-life balance; is committed to a culture of harmony and sincerity; has a pioneering spirit; and has compassion and flexibility for important or unforeseen life events.
- Great Colleagues: You love working with great like-minded colleagues who support you, and who you can support in return.
- Leading Edge: You love being on the front lines of technological advancements and having access to high-end IT resources.
- Independence: You love being independent and having autonomy in your work. For some of you this means being self-employed (i.e. having your own business or being a contractor), while for others it means being part of a team, but still having the ability to create your own space.
- Constant Change: You love when there is always something new and exciting to do, and when no two days are alike.
We would also like to applaud community member Jonathan Cauthorn for reminding us that IT pros love having PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER, and we appreciate John Kenny for pointing out that he loves working with Devolutions Products — thank you, we are happy to hear that!
The Winners Are
Firstly, you’re all winners because you’re so loving and lovable! Now, let’s turn our attention to the two lucky community members who were randomly selected and have each won a $25 Amazon gift card. Congratulations to Matthew Davidson and Max Van Steen. Please email me to claim your prize.
Thank you for participating in this uplifting poll. Stay tuned for the December poll!