When the very first video was uploaded to YouTube back in 2005, nobody — not even its founders — imagined that it would become what it is today. Every minute, 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube. And people around the world watch a staggering (cue Dr. Evil voice) 1 billion hours of YouTube videos a day.
Not surprisingly, the IT pros in our community are level of big YouTube fans. The proof is in the amazing response we had to our April poll question: who’s your favorite YouTuber or YouTube channel?
What You Watch
After weeding through your feedback, I have so many videos to watch I don’t even know where to start! Here are a few of your suggestions:
- Viva La Dirt League: Their epic NPC Man series is a must for every gamer!
- Screen Junkies: One of my personal favourites! Their Honest Trailers are funny and their movie fights are interesting. If you’re a movie geek like me, definitely worth a look.
- Many of you enjoy YouTube channels about, well, destroying things, like: Tito4re (melting copper), Carsandwater (red hot nickel balls), and Hydraulic Press Channel (the name says it all).
- Linus Tech Tips: News and reviews, as well as a showcase of new technologies.
- vBrownBag: This is great content for anyone who works with virtualization, storage, DevOps, and cloud technologies.
This is just a random sampling. For a full list — and to potentially find some new favorite YouTubers and YouTube channels to follow — head back to the question and scroll down to the comments. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed!
I’m happy to announce that the two randomly selected winners of a $25 Amazon gift card are…drum roll, please….Jonathan Ralph and bjornjul! Congratulations! Please email me directly to receive your prize.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll. And don’t be disappointed if you didn’t win, because you’ll have another chance with the May poll that will be published here on In the Trenches tomorrow. Stay tuned!