Devolutions has grown exponentially since the release of Remote Desktop Manager 1.0.
A lot has changed over the years, from moving into larger (and larger) locations to exponentially increasing our roster of great team members to adding more innovative products. The truth about our products is that we offer one core product, which has been followed by many sub-products. Remote Desktop Manager has been around from the very beginning and it remains central to what Devolutions is all about. Our other products are directly related to the RDM or are derivatives of it. To help you understand the difference between our various solutions, here’s a quick overview:
Remote Desktop Manager
Of course, you knew we had to start with our flagship and signature product, Remote Desktop Manager (RDM)! RDM lets you centralize all of your remote connections, passwords and credentials in a centralized platform, which is then securely accessed by authorized users. RDM is available in both Free and Enterprise editions. The former is best suited for standalone users, while the latter is ideal for multiple users and teams. It’s also available on all platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. Visit remotedesktopmanager.com for more information and discover its full feature list.
Devolutions Server is one of our most popular products. It’s a self-hosted repository for Remote Desktop Manager that allows you to store and share remote connection settings, virtual machine connections, and any other private, confidential or sensitive data. Essentially, Devolutions Server extends the capacity of RDM to create a powerful, enterprise-wide, high-end data store. It can be deployed online or internally, and is fully compatible with SQL server data source. It also supports Windows Authentication and Active Directory group management. Devolutions Server greatly enhances the Remote Desktop Manager experience by:
- Making data sharing much easier.
- Providing client and server side caching optimization for better performance.
- Having a wide choice of Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) devices.
- Offering a high-end security server for your company.
Devolutions Cloud is the gateway to a suite of online services, which include:
- Customer Portal: This is a one-stop hub for your profile and purchase details, including: account information, licenses, invoices, and so on. You can also access support and explore our forum, all from within the portal.
- The Online Database: This is a powerful, secure and low-cost, cloud-based data source used to store remote connections, passwords, and documents. User data is stored in a Devolutions-hosted cloud database, and encrypted with a private key or a combination of private keys and passphrases. The Online Database enables access to sessions, as well as connection logs and attachments. Plus, it offers unlimited user connections and security groups. Three different subscriptions are available: Basic, Professional, and Enterprise. The Online Database let you access your data from anywhere (always useful while on the road).
- Online Drive: This is an online file storage service dedicated to a single file type: Remote Desktop Manager’s connection list. It is ideal for storing and synchronizing remote connections and credentials so that everything is always up-to-date, regardless of the computer or device being used to access the connection list. There are no session limitations, which means you can store as much as you want. Keep in mind, though, Online Drive is for single users, since remote connections can’t be shared (if you need this functionality, then Devolutions Online Database is the product for you).
- Online Backup: This is our backup service for many of the data sources supported by our client applications, including Online Drive, XML, SQLite and Microsoft Access.
- Custom Installer: This allows you to create your own personalized installers for Remote Desktop Manager Enterprise. It replicates the settings from the RDM instance, and stores them in the package for distribution.
A New Product is Born – Wayk Now
At the beginning of the article we said Remote Desktop Manager is the only product Devolutions offers. In fact, a new yet unknown solution has been recently released called Wayk Now. Using Wayk Now, you can take control of a remote computer or allow an authorized user to take control of your computer. Wayk Now version 1.0 is available for free – and for personal use, it will always be free. Here are the Wayk Now version 1.0 key features:
- Send and receive files of any size
- An enhanced clipboard that lets you copy/paste just about anything between local and remote applications
- Compatibility with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux – all with the same rich feature set
- Strong TLS 1.2 encryption with certificate validation
- Easy-to-use, with none of the common usability problems found in remote support and remote desktop scenarios
- A lightweight package with a small footprint that launches without installation or elevated permissions
We’re Always Listening
Since 2010, we’ve remained committed to listening to our community, which has grown to over 300,000 IT pros around the world. Yes, we love and use our products each day. But we don’t build them for us: we build them for you! It doesn’t get any simpler than that!
If you have a suggestion about a new product you’d like us to consider – or have ideas about how we can improve an existing product – then please let us know. You can email me directly, comment below, or get in touch through our forum. Once again: we’re always listening!