I’m David Hervieux, Devolutions’ CEO and founder. On behalf of the team here, I’d like to wish you and yours a very happy holiday season, and a wonderful New Year!
I’d like to THANK YOU for helping to make 2015 our best year ever. Without your amazing support and invaluable feedback, there would be no Devolutions – period! Our users are everything to us, and always will be.
I’d also like to continue what has become another annual event of ours, which is to share our Devolutions Road Map 2016. This is a look at some of the exciting developments, plans, launches and updates that we’ll be rolling-out in the year ahead. Let’s get started!
Remote Desktop Manager for Windows
Our team continues to work hard on adding even more features and tools to Remote Desktop Manager for Windows. Some of the improvements you can look forward to include:
- A major overhaul of the security engine, including the ability to create different rights
- Support for more than one security group per connection
- A multi-sub data source for splitting and managing large databases
- The ability to reset password scripts
- More integrated reporting tools
Remote Desktop Manager for Mac
We’ve been committed since day one to make sure that Remote Desktop Manager for Mac wasn’t just a “Windows copy”. We know how much you Mac fans hate that (and so do we!). Here’s what we’re working on for the year ahead:
- Adding all of the security features currently available in the Windows version, including the new enhancements noted above
- Integrating AppleScript for scripting the interface
Remote Desktop Manager for Android and iOS
We’ll have plenty to say about Remote Desktop Manager for Android and iOS during our “Year in Review”, because these launches were HUGE! Here are some of the cool improvements that we’re working on:
- New DropBox and MySQL data source support
- Performance optimization for RDP, VNC and ARD
- New entry types including SSH, SSH Shell and Telnet
Devolutions Server, our self-hosted repository option for Remote Desktop Manager, continues to be popular with large and small teams. Here are some of the improvements coming down the pipeline:
- Better support for large databases
- 2FA authenticationintegration with Radius server, Vasco Data Security and eventually RSA SecurID support
- Remote Windows management (e.g. Hyper-V, Services, Events, Active Directory, etc.)
- Twilio integration for the SMS 2FA
- Several performance improvements
Devolutions Cloud is the single access portal to various Devolutions online services, including Customer Portal, Online Database, Custom Installer, Online Backup and more. We’re working on some interesting changes that we think you’ll love, including:
- A brand new UI inspired by Devolutions Server
- 2FA support
- Several enhanced features, including the ability to share sessions, invite others to use a connection for a limited time, and more
Surprise New Product!
In our Top Secret lab, we’re developing an exciting new product leveraging our specialize expertise in Remote Desktop Protocols that we’re keeping under wraps for now. We’ll be providing updates early in the year, and plan on releasing a beta version in the summer. Stay tuned!
And last but certainly not least, you’ll be happy to know that throughout 2016 we’ll have plenty of Sysadminotaur comics to share. So get ready to laugh and say: “Oh man, I know what that feels like!”
Once again, on behalf of the Devolutions team I’d like to thank you for making 2015 so special and successful. And we look forward to raising the bar in 2016!
As always, please let us know what you think of our solutions -- tell us what you like, and tell us what you want us to add, change, remove or improve. You can connect with us here in our blog, or via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. We’re always listening!