“I decided that I needed a central place to manage all my remote connections. Remote Desktop Manager has solved that problem and delivered much more!”
Client SnapshotBen Liebowitz is a VCP and System Engineer who manages a team of IT professionals at a global news organization based in New Jersey. The organization employs 4000 people, and Ben personally oversees and manages 541 unique remote connections.
Ben Liebowitz’s ChallengesIn the past, Ben faced three key challenges including:
- He didn’t have a single interface for all his connectivity needs. Instead, he had to manage with RDP sessions sorted by folders to sort the servers by topic/function.
- He had to search for credentials each time he wanted to connect to a specific server.
- He had to juggle multiple URLs and use multiple browsers (i.e. using Firefox with one specific site, IE with another, etc.).
Ben Liebowitz’s Solution: Remote Desktop ManagerAfter choosing Remote Desktop Manager, Ben can now:
- Quickly and conveniently access a single, centralized platform for all of his remote connection needs. Having one interface for all his connectivity needs really helps him be more efficient on a day-to-day basis.
- Store all of his credentials for RDM sessions (including ID for each domain) in a specific folder. Plus, now he changes passwords, he only has to make a single change in RDM and all of his entries are automatically updated.
- Specify which browser he wants to use with each URL, and if he wants it to be embedded, external, etc.
- Save time by using RDM in a variety of ways, such as connecting to a server, his team, his Sharepoint site, a VMWare VSphere host (via Putty) and more.
- Be more organized and improve efficiency by having one tool to keep and manage his RDP, SSH, vSphere Clients, and commonly used URLs.
- Use saved credentials for his ticketing system, timesheet recording system, etc.
- Use the “Keep tab open on disconnect” option to make life a lot easier when he’s building a new server or updating an existing server (i.e. he can re-connect to the server quickly when having to perform multiple reboots).
- Use the integrated password generator tool.