RDM gives us a fast, single point of access for all our administrative needs, which supports our users and helps them save time and effort. In addition, Devolutions offers the best support and the fastest response to feature requests, bug reports, and so on. We’re very grateful for that!
-Peter Cermak, Partner at Porsche Informatik
Porsche Holding Salzburg is one of the largest and most successful automobile trade companies in Europe, with sites in 20 European countries as well as in China. Since 2011, Porsche Holding Salzburg has been a 100% subsidiary of Volkswagen AG. The company’s IT department, based in Austria, provides IT infrastructure and applications/services for Porsche Holding. The team is comprised of 10 employees who use more than 1600 servers.
Porsche Informatik’s Challenges
Porsche Informatik GmbH faced several key challenges prior to integrating Remote Desktop Manager into their operations:
- They struggled with cluttered RDP Windows and other remote connections to servers.
- They used several tools to find servers before the connection could even established.
- They lacked a method to access all types of servers.
- The remote desktop management tool they were using obligated them to verify 100+ times a day that they “REALLY” wanted to connect to legacy, DMZ, servers, etc.
- Team integration was difficult to achieve – in fact, everyone had to manage his or her own sessions, which resulted in different configurations.
- They lacked an integration system for Password Management.
Porsche Informatik’s Solution
Since implementing RDM into their environment, Porsche Informatik GmbH is now able to easily and quickly:
- Share their database to all authorized users and set appropriate permissions
- Search sessions with all information available (MetaData)
- Reconnect to a session after reboot when the RDP Service is available again
- Save time by finding sessions by Meta Information instead of names
- Save time by connecting to servers via a single point of access
- Manage mass changes and instantly add servers
- Integrate websites, documentation and tools for all authorized users
Here’s what Peter Cermak, Partner at Porsche Informatik, had to say about his company’s decision to choose Remote Desktop Manager:
When I found RDM I tried the 30-day demo version, and was impressed by the rich features and functionality. Then I tried the Enterprise version to access even more features, and shared it with my colleagues who were also impressed. RDM gives us a fast, single point of access for all our administrative needs, which supports our users and helps them save time and effort. In addition, Devolutions offers the best support and the fastest response to feature requests, bug reports, and so on. We’re very grateful for that!