“I strongly recommend RDM for any support team, and especially those with a rotating on call staff. The hours we save by using RDM pay for the product every year 10 times over!”
Station 28 is a professional information technology services firm located in Buffalo, NY that provides monitoring, hosting, security and technology consulting. The company employs several IT professionals who provide expert-level solutions to clients in a variety of sectors, including healthcare, legal, financial, and not-for-profit.
Station 28’s Challenges
Station 28 was using several remote management tools depending on client needs, and organizing these different systems was a major drain of time and resources. Other key challenges the company faced included:
- Wasting an excessive amount of time logging into servers at client locations
- Difficulty to efficiently manage and organize VPN client connections
- Concerns around password management security, which was especially problematic since keeping its clients safe was the company’s main goal
- On occasion, slow response times that were not up to the company’s high client-service standards
Station 28’s Solution
Now that Station 28 has brought Remote Desktop Manager into their environment, they are effectively, easily and efficiently:
- Organizing and managing connections by client, thanks to RDM’s useful “tree view”
- Using both personal and shared connection databases, which has eliminated the need to search for missing login credentials
- Connecting to a number of different password management suites, which has lowered risk and improved overall security
- Testing for a connection and nailing up a VPN prior to allowing remote desktop traffic through, which has significantly improved efficiency
Here’s what Kris Meier, Partner at Station 28, had to say about Remote Desktop Manager:
"Whenever we answer a service call, our goal is the same as our clients’: to solve the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible. This was not happening all the time in the past. However, now that we’re using RDM, problems are being solved quickly and easily. I strongly recommend RDM for any support team, and especially those with a rotating on call staff. The hours we save by using RDM pay for the product every year 10 times over!"